The Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (IIIA-CSIC) offers a three year pre-doctoral research position for students wanting to pursue a full-time PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence. The position will be led by Dr. Marco Schorlemmer and Prof. Enric Plaza.
Contemporary cognitive science has provided evidence that a large part of our creative reasoning and problem-solving processes are grounded on our bodily experience with the world. By means of this research position we aim at studying the implications this has for knowledge representation, computational creativity, and problem-solving in general.
The IIIA-CSIC (which is located on the UAB campus) belongs to the Spanish National Research Council, Spain’s largest public institution devoted to research and technological development. The IIIA-CSIC is a leading research centre in Europe in the areas of multiagent systems, machine learning, and uncertainty reasoning. It attracts funding from the European, Spanish, and Catalan governments and has substantial collaborative research projects with industry.
By email to Dr. Marco Schorlemmer (email@example.com) including a zip file containing:
- your complete CV in PDF format;
- a short statement, in English, of why you are interested in this position;
- an academic transcript with grade point average;
- name and contact information of one or two persons who are willing to provide confidential references;
- any relevant scientific reports or publications, if applicable.